Fix for Chrome SSL Connection error 31

If you are behind a corporate firewall and trying to access https sites using Google chrome, you are most likely to face “SSL connection error”. As of this build of chrome (6.0.472.63) the problem still persists.

The workaround as suggested by few forums is to open chrome from command line using the following argument --allow-ssl-mitm-proxies

31 thoughts on “Fix for Chrome SSL Connection error

1. Reply daniel dapun Mar 21, 2011 8:48 pm

hi..how can i do this?i dont know where the command line is

is this also a cause of the errors in video streams like in youtube?coz i cant stream videos, it just shows error. and i also have facebook not showing the webpage as is..it shows bulleted texts

2. Reply Ajo Paul Mar 23, 2011 10:10 am

If you are in Windows open cmd.exe and proceed to the directory of chrome installation. From there type chrome –allow-ssl-mitm-proxies to launch chrome.

3. Reply Dwayne Jun 10, 2011 3:56 am

How do you do this again? When I type cmd in the start menu, just the black box pops-out.. What should I type there then? & Is this 100% safe?

4. Reply Joe Bloe Sep 26, 2011 10:52 am

Can you help me. I don’t know how to do this. In fact I don’t know what a computer is.

I have something shiny here and when I put bread in it, it makes it into toast. Is this my computer? When I push down the lever, will that open the command prompt?

5. Reply VaishSaulo Oct 18, 2011 11:21 pm

WTH. I changed ISP. Now all HTTPS sites give me “SSL ERROR”.
    Does it have to do with the new ISP? Or just GoogleChrome’s fault?
    I tried Mozilla and IE. Same issue “SSL ERROR”.

HELP!

• Reply Julz Dec 16, 2011 6:43 am

It does the same to me… When I want to go on to tumblr, gmail, twitter, sometimes facebook, sometimes google…. I tried a proxy but it does the same… ERG……. DX

6. Reply Sanjeev Singh Jun 5, 2012 5:11 pm

Its not working.

7. Reply شمس الاصيل Jun 15, 2012 3:21 pm

عايزه اشغل الفيس بوك وتويتر بتاعى مش عارفه

8. Reply Kz Jul 11, 2012 7:36 am

Help! how do we unblock K9 protection if we don’t have the password? :) Thank you, need it badly.

9. Reply Zapperier Sep 12, 2012 12:48 am

I’ve been getting this when I try to get to gmail, MyUB, and other sites via Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on a desktop mac.

‘SSL connection error
    Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don’t have.
    Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.’

Is this the same thing? What can I do? Is it a virus? I’ve got multiple accounts on my computer, and this doesn’t happen in the other browsers in other accounts. Parental controls are also enabled for this account, blocking websites the firewall doesn’t. So I’m not sure what is going on, only that it’s annoying.

• Reply Zapperier Sep 12, 2012 12:50 am

Also, I forgot to mention that I deleted the profile on Chrome a bit ago, and reset Safari. Neither did anything.

• Reply Zapperier Sep 12, 2012 12:55 am

Something else to add- the other account on this computer that isn’t mine with parental controls does the same thing in Safari when I try to get to gmail. Admin account doesn’t do this.

I think it is the parental controls, maybe they are set to send the information the page to someone and so it isn’t secure which causes it to not do it?

10. Reply barbie Nov 10, 2012 8:35 pm

wht dafuq man i m nt able to open my fb site frm 2-3 weeks god its so annoying im jst going crazy i jst cnt live widout fb so addicted to it HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP pppplzzzzzzzzzz frndssss

11. Reply Kian Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Just correct your Date and Time! SSL error will solve!

12. Reply ron Jul 27, 2013 7:17 am

it works but it says Google Chrome could not find xn--allow-ssl-mitm-proxies-y05m

13. Reply grambo40 Aug 1, 2013 1:11 am

i tried all these to no avail so i uninstalled google and reinstalled it and whadauknow its sorted,UNINSTALL BROWSER BUT NOT RECENT HISTORY AND REINSTALL problem will be solved

14. Reply Behzad Aug 1, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi
    I am not log into facebook because I have ssl connection error.
    my brower is web freer.
    please help me?
    thanks.

15. Reply Rahul Aug 2, 2013 2:58 pm

how to solve above error…

16. Reply Payam Nov 16, 2013 10:29 pm

I had SSL error same as you my friends!!!

I am using Kasper sky internet security on my lap top! I use windows 7 and had this problem when I wanted to log in to my gmail with chrom and also mozila firefox!!!

I opened extensions and after that I Enabled Kaspersky icon which is actually Anti-banner ( I don’t know what is this but I know the problem is because of security reason which may seems stupid to us but to kasper do not). any way, after enabling this icon the problem was solved.

hope you all can solve your problem.

Good luck!

17. Reply deelip Nov 24, 2013 9:21 am

in crome google is not working